Chicken and Mushrooms in Herb Sauce
This recipe is great for those evenings you are running behind in the schedule. There is the entree of chicken breasts with a mushroom her b sauce to put over rice, pasta or potatoes. Just add a green veggie such as green beans and a salad of cabbage apple slaw, and ending with the family’s favorite dessert. May I suggesr peach up-side down cake for the dessert.
- 2 large chicken breasts,skinless, boned and halved
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup cream *
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup large fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup chicken broth or more as needed
- Butterfly ** the chicken breasts and pound to make them equal thickness.
- Mix the bread crumbs, thyme, sage, black pepper and sea salt in a plastic bag.
- Pour the cream into a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet.
- Dip each of the chicken pieces into the cream then in bag of seasoned bread crumbs, shake to coat the chicken with crumbs.
- Lay the chicken pieces into the hot oil/butter mixture.
- Brown the chicken on both sides.
- Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Pour the broth in the skillet, breaking loose any crumbs in the skillet*** with a whisk.
- Add the flour and stir to blend; add more chicken broth if too thick.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and layer the sliced mushrooms over the chicken.
- Heat chicken and mushrooms in the sauce until cooked through.
- Serve over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.
**Remove the fat from chicken breast; to butterfly, cut horizontally through the thickest part of the breast until it opens up as a book. do not cut through or off. Pound the piece of breast between wax paper, to get it equal in thickness.
***To deglaze a pan, pour a small amount of liquid into pan of residue bits of chicken to loosen and heat to become a part of the sauce before adding the flour and liquid. ......Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® brings you great recipes for your cooking experience. ©2007-2017 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® All rights reserved.
√ Benefits of Mushrooms:
- They are low in calories and sodium
- They are fat-free, cholesterol free, gluten-free.
- They are a good source of B vitamins, i.e. riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid.
- They have vitamin D, copper, copper, potassium and selenium.
- They provide antioxidants to protect inflammation from disease and strengthen the immune system.
√ For more Benefits of Mushroom information go to www. mushroominfo.com/benefits.
Chicken & Mushrooms Herb Sauce Dinner Menu Suggestions:
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® brings
you great recipes for your cooking experience. ©2007-2017 Netta Belle’s Choice®
The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.”
Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “Netta Belle’s Choice®
The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® All rights reserved.