Caramel Corn, the year around snack
- 5-6 quarts of unsalted popped corn put into a lightly greased large pan.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 200 F.
- Combine all ingredients except baking soda into a heavy 4 quart sauce pan.
- Stir lightly to blend.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- It will bubble up and turn a lighter color, stir to blend.
- Pour over the popped corn, stir to coat the popcorn.
- Put into the oven, remove every 15 minutes to stir the mixture to coat with the syrup.
- Remove from the oven, let cook, store in air tight container
I used an old cast iron kettle from a pressure cooker. It was great until the handle would not hold steady. I had to go to modern steel kettle, To me, not the same. However I know several friend that use the microwave to fix this Caramel Corn. Too set in my ways to change. However you do it: enjoy with friends and family. That the real reason for Caramel Corn.
One of my favorite Holiday fixings: Caramel Corn for the family, friends and co-workers. If you don’t have a specialty consider Caramel Corn with the buttery, brown sugar covering.
To make your Caramel Corn extra special, add so goodies to it: such as peanuts, and almonds while mixing the hot caramel sauce. After it cools and is broken up into pieces, add dried cranberries, or other fruit of your tastes. Best to make 2 recipes of the Caramel Corn as it does not last long.
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® brings you great recipes for your cooking experience.
©2007-2019 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® All rights reserved.