Spring time and ready for a picnic lunch!
These are times of minus temperatures, –1 to -21 degrees, piles of snow, school closings, road accidents, frozen water lines, etc. Enough of that! How about looking for some spring flowers and plan the first picnic? I will bring Ham Salad Spread for sandwiches and cracker appetizers. Let’s see; we need carrot and celery sticks, broccoli florets, a vegetable dip. I think a fruit bowl would be good: fresh strawberries, blueberries, grapes, pineapple, diced orange and sprinkling of fennel seeds on top. Just because it is the first picnic of year, I would add a big bag of potato chips. Are you with me?
I will even bring the spring flowers. The purple crocus are such a delightful surprise in the spring, and sometimes have to come up in the snow. They are hardy little buggers to enjoy.
Then soon daffodils will be showing off.
Keep looking at the trees as you travel along the highways and back roads of the Midwest to see the pink of the red bud tree and white of the dogwoods.
Enough dreaming about spring.
Ready for a Ham Salad Spread sandwich and crackers.
Ham Salad Spread
- 2 cups ham in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Colby Cheese in 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- To reduce the salt in the ham cubes, drain and rinse with running water.
- Put the ham cubes, cheese cubes, onion, relish and lemon juice into food processor.
- Pulse about 3-4 times until ham is finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well blended.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- More mayonnaise, mustard or hot sauce may be added to your taste.
- Put ham salad into serving bowl and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Serve on assorted crackers or breads.
brings you great recipes for your cooking experience. ©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “
Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox®
All rights reserved.
And for dessert American Apple Pie
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® brings you great recipes for your cooking experience. ©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “ Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® All rights reserved.