Stir-Fried Frozen Cauliflower
Fresh cauliflower looked so good at the summer’s Farmer’s Market. I froze several bags to have this winter. I got ready to cook it and wondered how to besides boiling in water and having a soggy limp vegetable. I did use some in soup and casseroles. I wanted the taste of roasted cauliflower. By thawing it first, microwaving for 1 minute and draining well by putting on towelling paper to absorb more water, the cauliflower was ready for a quick stir-fry. Seasoned and enhanced with walnut pieces made a quick side dish.
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower
- 1½ teaspoon butter
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- ⅛ Nette Belle's Choice Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Nette Belle's Choice Sea Salt to taste
- Melt butter in non-stick skillet.
- Add the cauliflower, stir to coat with butter.
- Add the walnut pieces, stir to mix.
- Season with red pepper flakes and salt
- Stir-fry until cauliflower pieces are toasted
Benefits of Cauliflower
Cauliflower is considered a cruciferous vegetable along with kale, cabbage and collards. The vitamin C and manganese have supportive nutrients needed for antioxidants and anti-inflammatory to protect our bodies from chronic diseases
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® Spices, bring you great recipes, outstanding herbs and spices for your cooking experience.
©2007-2015 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.