Fresh Summer Fried Corn
Early summer we begin to looking forward to eating corn on the cob. When available at the Farmer’s Market, we made sure we had plenty of fresh corn, green beans and tomatoes. For a change of taste, I made Fried Corn with Peppers. It was delicious, the corn was filled out with milk in the kernels.
It takes 3 large ears of corn to yield 2 cups. This is also the same amount of Savory Baked Corn and also the quantity for creamed corn. Fresh corn is much tastier when you cut off the kernels of corn and scrape the ear to press out the milky liquid. When making the Fried Corn, the corn was cut off and scraped before frying.
Fried Corn with peppers
- 2 cups of corn 3-4 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of jalapeno pepper finely diced
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the husks off the corn, use soon after.
- Wash to remove any remaining silk strands.
- Cut uncooked corn off the ear, scrape to get the milky liquid.
- Dice the red pepper and jalapeno pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a 10 inch skillet.
- Add corn, peppers and sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook slowly, occasionally stir.
- Cover and heat 15 minutes, or heated thoroughly.
Other Corn Casseroles you will enjoy.
Collard Greens, Corn and Tortilla Strata
Corn and Mushroom Chowder
Savory Baked Sweet Corn
Southern Creamed Corn Food Network Recipe courtesy of Patrick and Gina Neely
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® bring you great recipes for your cooking experience. 2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “ Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox®. All rights reserved.
Pingback: Green Beans, Red Potatoes and Pasta Recipe-cookbookinabox - The Art of Gourmet Cookery