Start your morning with Sour Cream Bundt Coffee Cake.
Your family will love you when they get up on a holiday morning to the wonderful smell of homemade Sour Cream Bundt Coffee Cake. This moist and rich cake has a strudel of brown sugar, cinnamon crumb mixed in the middle. The cake has golden raisins mixed into the cake batter giving an extra sweetness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 8 ounces of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven 350 F
- Bundt Pan: butter, dust pan with 2 teaspoons flour and sugar, tap out excess.
- In large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together until light and creamy.
- In another bowl blend the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, sift together.
- Add ½ cup of flour mixture to the butter and sugar.
- Blend at low speed.
- Beat in 1 egg at time.
- Alternate the addition of flour with the other 2 eggs.
- Add the remaining flour mixture, sour cream and vanilla, beat until evenly mixed.
- Fold in the ⅓ cups of raisins with a spatula.
- Mix strudel ingredients:
- Blend with a fork until crumbly mixture.
- Pour ½ the cake into the prepared pan.
- Spread the strudel over the cake batter.
- Add the remaining cake batter over the strudel.
- Bake 55 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 5 to 10 minutes, and remove to pan.
- When the cake has cooled, drizzle glaze over the cake.
Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.“ Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® All rights reserved.
Many coffee cakes are made with a yeast batter. The Sour Cream Bundt Coffee Cake uses baking powder and baking soda as the leavening agents. It is an easy and quick ‘from scratch’ cake to make. What is even better, the coffee cake can be make a week ahead, wrap well and freeze. Defrost in the wrapping overnight and warm for breakfast.
I have been leafing through my older cookbooks for old recipes I have used. The Sour Cream Coffee Cake was first published in The Best of Food & Wine 1990 as an exclusive gift edition. I made moderate adaptions by making a strudel instead of adding walnuts and chocolate.
Other interesting Coffee Cakes:
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® Spices, bring you great recipes, outstanding herbs and spices for your cooking experience. ©2007-2017 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “ Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® All rights reserved.