This recipe is adapted from cookbookinabox’s recipe:
The following recipe is for a quantity of 10-12 pieces of chicken in a thick creamy mushroom sauce to be eaten over risotto, rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.
- 6 large chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1½ cup seasoned Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried whole sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black papper
- 1 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups fresh, white button mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup flour
- 1-1/2 cup chicken broth, more as needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Remove the fat from the chicken breasts.
- Cut horizontally though the thickest part of the breast, cut in half for equal size. Pound between wax paper if need to get equal thickness.
- Mix the bread crumbs and seasonings in a plastic bag.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large heavy skillet.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the cream, then shake in the bag of crumbs to cover. Remove any excess crumbs.
- Lay the chicken in the hot skillet, just to brown, do not overcook.
- Remove the chicken to a oven-proof pan.
- Brown the remaining pieces of chicken, layer in the over-proof pan.
- Deglaze the skillet with a small amount of broth, loosen the residue bits of chicken loose to be come part of the sauce.
- Add the flour, whisk, stir to blend adding broth to make a smooth sauce.
- Pour in the sliced mushrooms, just to moisten and heat slightly.
- Pour sauce and mushrooms over the pan of browned chicken.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and put in oven 1 hour.
This is the Menu was served with
Chicken Breasts in Mushroom Sauce
Risotto with Peas and Parmesan Cheese
Steamed Cauliflower with Sweet Red Peppers and Garlic
Steamed Green Beans sauteed in Olive Oil, topped with Lemon Zest and Toasted Almonds
Cranberry Sauce, Crushed pineapple , Diced Apple, and Chopped Walnuts in Cherry Gelatin.
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® brings you great recipes for your cooking experience©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “ Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® All rights reserved.