Don’t you like it when you find a quick recipe and make little changes you have another delicious dessert? This is how I think of the Netta Belle’s Choice® Upside-Down Cake. It is the same basic cake layer dressed up to which ever fruit is in season. I started out with just making pineapple upside down cakes, then did not have pineapple. Blueberries were in season and later peaches. So 2 new cakes were added to my Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® Recipe Box.
Peach Upside Down Cake
Netta Belle's Choice Upside-Down Cake
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven 350 F. Preheat a sheet of foil on the lower shelf to catch drippings.
- Grease a 10-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Peel and slice the peaches into the lemon juice.
- Mix the melted butter and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Spread this on the bottom of greased pie plate.
- Arrange the toasted almonds on top of the butter and sugar
- Drain the peaches, dry off any excess juices.
- Arrange the peach slices over almonds and butter/ brown sugar mixture.
- CAKE BATTER:
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a larger bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat in the almond extract.
- Alternate adding the flour and milk, beating after each addition until well blended.
- Spread the cake batter evenly over the peaches.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 45-55 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a rake for 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge to loosen cake, invert cake onto a platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
To get your creative juices flowing, here are a some pictures of other fruit ideas. Humm… I think I will make the cake, put it on a platter and slather it with whip cream and cover it with fresh strawberries and drizzle chocolate on top. Go to go! Cake, strawberries and whip cream are awaiting. ENJOY your choice Upside-Down Cake.
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® bring you great recipes for your cooking experience.
©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.