There is so much attention to what is healthy and best for us to eat. With vegan and vegetarian recipes available in magazines, on the internet, in old and new cookbooks, one gets to feel guilty to even consider poultry. Of course, poultry is still recommended as a good choice. Lemon-Bar-B-Que Chicken is my attempt to slim down a chicken entrée.
Of course the primary ingredient is 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 3-4 strips.
Marinades are to tenderize and flavor the meat. Use containers of glass, stainless steel or plastic bags to marinate, as most marinades contain some acid such as lemon juice, wine, vinegar or fruit juice. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, some recipes will give longer marinating time depending on the cut and size of the meat. Turn or stir the meat in the process of marinating. Some recipes do not use the marinade over the meat while cooking.
Netta Belles' Choice Lemon Bar-B-Que Chicken Breasts
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Cut the chicken breasts into 3-4 strips.
- Place in a shallow glass bowl.
- Make the marinade also referred to as the barbecue sauce.
- Mix the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and spices in small glass mixing bowl.
- Whisk to thoroughly blend.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken strips.
- Cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven broiler or grill.
- Place chicken strips on broiler pan which has been covered with aluminum foil.
- Broil or grill for 6-8 minutes, until the juices run clear or 170 F
©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.”
nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® bring you great recipes for your cooking experience.
©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.