Favorite brownies are not brown at all!
As I was looking through the food communities, I have to say I would like to have the inclination to do “pretty” fancy cake decorating, or super ornamental cupcakes. However, it was a Butterscotch Brownie which spoke to me,. Like “pick me” and “bake me, I’m delicious.” And I did and they were.
The recipe which caught my eye was by Linda Larsen of Busy Cooks Expert. As she described the Butterscotch Brownies as an easy and super quick dessert. I did add a cup of whole pecans to be broken up by the mixer. Instead of icing, when brownies were done, I dotted the top with 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, put back into the oven for a few minutes, then used a spatula to spread the chocolate over the Butterscotch Brownies. The edges were thick, crunchy and chewy and an extra treat without the chocolate icing. The biggest problem – they didn’t last long.
A great snack or dessert for all ages – Butterscotch Brownies.
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup whole pecans or break into pieces.
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 F. Grease a 9 x 13" cake pan or put parchment paper on the bottom of pan and grease. (This protects the pan from knife scratches when using a coated baking pan.)
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a small bowl.
- Whisk to blend, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan or microwave.
- Pour melted butter into mixer bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and beat until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, beating to blend.
- Stir in the whole pecans, breaking with the mixer.
- After brownies are baked, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Return to hot oven for 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt.
- Spread the melted chips over the brownies.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Just add a glass of cold milk………
See Also Netta Belle’s Choice Chocolate Cake
Skillet Chocolate Fudge/
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® bring you great recipes for your cooking experience. ©2007-20 18 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.