Stuffed Salmon Shells
The large pasta shells were stuffed with canned salmon, a blend of vegetables topped with creamy lemon sauce and shredded mild cheddar cheese before putting into the oven. The lemon sauce adds a slight tart flavor to the stuffed salmon shells.
Salmon Shells in Lemon Sauce
- Preheat oven 350 F. Grease a 9 x 13 oven proof casserole dish.
- Cook 10 large pasta shells as instructions on the package. Rinse in water and set aside.
- Add the drained, rinsed salmon into a large bowl.
- Add the stuffing ingredients and blend well.
- Fill each shell with the salmon mixture.
- Set shells into the greased casserole.
- MAKE THE LEMON SAUCE
- Melt butter in a saucepan that will hold 2 cups.
- Blend in the flour with a whisk until thickened.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and cream or evaporated milk.
- Using a whisk, stir constantly while cooking to a smooth and medium thick sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice and nutmeg, blend.
- Pour the sauce over the stuffed salmon shells.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake 350 F for 20 minutes, until browned and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving
The evolution of Stuffed Salmon Shells in Lemon Sauce
I am sure we all have a menu to resort to at the end of pay period. Mine was making tuna casserole, using noodles, peas and a can of tuna, maybe with a can of mushroom soup. After about 3 months of that recipe, my husband informed me he did not like tuna. So I switched to salmon patties for awhile. Well, 50 year later, tried salmon patties again. After a couple of meals, decided best to look for another recipe to use canned salmon. It was the development of Stuffed Salmon Shells in Lemon Sauce with cheese.
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® bring you great recipeso for your cooking experience.
©2007-2021 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox®“Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.”Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
Pingback: Green Beans, Red Potatoes and Pasta Recipe-cookbookinabox - The Art of Gourmet Cookery
Hello, I wanted to know what kind of stuffing? Recipe just mentions stuffing. Thanks.
I used canned salmon in the recipe. The other stuffing could be to use fresh salmon prepared without the skin by poaching or baking.