Slow Cooker Pork Chop Dinner
Finally getting use out of my slow cooker. Slow Cooker Pork Chops was quick to put together and enjoyed for our Sunday Dinner with steamed asparagus and an apple salad. A simple menu for two.I have had a slow cooker for several years. I am just now getting into using it more and more. Occasionally I would use it for soup and not venturing into meals or meats. This year I have changed that. This fall, Crock Pot Applesauce was successful, then I tried Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham for a family reunion. For New Year’s, it was Slow Cooker Red Lentils-Sausage Stew looking for Good Luck in 2016, the Italian way. In this new recipe, there is a layer of sliced onions and quartered potatoes cooked with the Slow Cooker Pork Chops. Since starting to church on Sunday mornings, I have found the slow cooker very handy, which I am sure many of you could have said, “I told you so.” It is great to come home and smell dinner, makes me feel as though someone else did the cooking.
Slow Cooker Pork Chops
Center cut loin pork chops and potatoes smothered in gravy
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 2 large potatoes quartered
- Seasonings salt and pepper
- 4 center loin cut pork chops 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounce can of mushrooms sliced
- 1 package Country Gravy Mix
- 1 cup water
- Put the sliced onions on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Arrange the quartered potatoes on top of onions.
- Season the pork chops with seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Put the pork chops on top of the potatoes.
- Mix the Country Gravy Mix with water; heat to thicken.
- Pour the gravy over the pork chops.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
The seasoning used for the pork was a blend of sugar, salt, paprika, black pepper, onion, and garlic powder.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Other links to look into:
Simply Recipes: Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork
The Kitchen: How to Cook Pork Chops in the Slow Cooker
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® Spices bring you great recipes for your cooking experience.
©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “ Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox®. All rights reserved.
Pingback: Green Beans, Red Potatoes and Pasta Recipe-cookbookinabox - The Art of Gourmet Cookery