Sometimes in planning a meal, there is no time for yeast bread,, yet your meal needs that something extra that says “I really want to serve you that extra special”. Biscuits are actually quickly made, okay, some practice makes them fluffy and light. Think how good it would be to serve your family hot biscuits, butter and honey with their dinner tonight.
Make Baking Powder Cheese Biscuits to serve with fish, vegetables or any entree. Of course, there is always sausage and biscuits often served at breakfast, why not serve sausage and Baking Powder Cheese Biscuits for brunch or week day dinner to family. They will love you for it. Enjoy!
Baking Powder Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups sifted unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold shortening
- 2/3 cup 2% cold milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Grease 2 9-inch cake pans.
- Sift together the first 3 ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Cut the cold shortening into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender.
- Pour in the milk and cheese.
- Quickly mix to moisten flour, without over beating.
- Briefly knead dough on a lightly floured board.
- Roll to 1/2-inch thickness and cut with biscuit cutter. Do not roll too thin.
- Place biscuits in the grease cake pans.
- Bake 12 minutes
Omit the cheese for plain biscuits. Recipe adapted from The American Women's Cook Book, 1947.--------------------------Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® bring you great recipes for your cooking experience.©2007-2020 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® All rights reserved.
Suggestions for serving Baking Powder Cheese Biscuits
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® bring you great recipesr your cooking experience. ©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com
All rights reserved