As summer is slipping away for another year and heading into the fall and winter months, the recipes are also changing. like the seasons. The comfort food of soups, casseroles of macaroni and cheese and crock-pot or slow cooker meals are plentiful. Do you have a favorite crock-pot recipe?
Crock-Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham was the right dish to take to a carry-in 3 hours away. This recipe was inspired by Crock-Pot by Rival. Country Scalloped Potatoes and Ham. My changes were additions such as garlic and onion powders, and 1/4 cup or less of jalapeno peppers. I also layered the potatoes, ham and cheese before adding the sauce.
A recipe for a carry-in or pitch-in.
This carry-in was with my farm family. There was no lack of food, with bratwurst, fried chicken, hot dogs and hamburger, shredded pork, spaghetti and meatballs. chili, scalloped corn, baked beans, green bean casserole, all with a variety of finger foods, and salads. Oh the desserts! Pie, cake, brownies, and a favorite cookie, Buckeyes. Of course they were hit of chocolate and peanut butter.
Crock-Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- 8 potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound fully-cooked ham, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers finely diced
- 1 package 1 oz country-style gravy mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Lightly grease crock-pot.
- Layer potatoes, ham, part of the cheese and jalapeno peppers in the crock-pot
- Whisk the gravy mix, onion and garlic powders, soup and water until well blended and smooth.
- Pour the blended gravy over the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours (HIGH: 3 to 4 hours).
- To with cheese last 30 minutes of cooking.
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® Spices, bring you great recipes, outstanding herbs and spices for your cooking experience. ©2007-2020 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery®
cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® . All rights reserved.
Suggested menu with Crock-Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Julia Ann andcookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® bring you great recipes, for your cooking experience. 2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “ Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox®. All rights reserved.