More and more recipes are for meatless Monday and for vegetarian meals. In the last few months vegetarian recipes are common at our mealtimes. I have 3 vegetarian cookbooks that give me new ideas. The food communities are an abundance source of recipes, menus and ideas. Peanut and Vegetable Linguine was a new recipe to try for our meatless Monday.
The Peanut and Vegetable Linguine was our dinner this last Monday. It turned out to be a winner. I followed the recipe exactly. However, as many of you find, a new recipe is created because you do not have the right ingredients. This recipe was changed from an oriental flair to a more Mediterranean cuisine.
Pasta is thought to be of Mediterranean cuisine as well as fresh vegetables and nuts. This recipe uses whole grain linguine, a variety of vegetables sautéed in olive oil, topped off with black olives and roasted peanuts. Peanuts are a good source of vitamin B biotin, copper, manganese and vitamin E as well as providing the heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. As with all healthy diets, give consideration to the portion size and total calories.
Peanut and Vegetable Linguine
- 7 ounces of whole grain linguine
- Prepare linguine to the package instructions and drain well.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger until softened.
- Add the chopped vegetables, cook over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted peanuts.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing, adding all the dressing ingredients, except herbs and olives.
- Whisk together.
- Add the pasta to the vegetables.
- Pour the dressing, olives and herbs over pasta and vegetables.
- Toss together blend flavors; heat through.
- Serve immediately.
you great recipes for your cooking experience.
©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® bring you great recipes for your cooking experience.
©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.