Macaroni and Cheese Salad
Macaroni and fresh vegetables with a spicy cheese and mustard dressing. A good dish for picnics and carry-ins; will become your summertime favorite.
- 1½ cups dry macaroni
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup celery diced
- ¼ cup carrots shredded
- ¼ cup yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup green pepper diced
- ¼ cup pickle relish sweet relish
- 1 10½ can cheddar cheese soup
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar cider or wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard Dijon mustard an option
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1-2 tbsp black olives sliced
Bring water to boil, add macaroni to boil 9 to 10 minutes.
Drain macaroni, put in bowl and cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Mix soup and seasonings, beat with mixer until well blended.
Add vegetables and the dressing into macaroni.
Option to decorate with sliced black olives on top before chilling 8 hours
Calories: 74kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 126mgPotassium: 41mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 712IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 6mgIron: 1mg