adapted from Hodgson Mill® Milled Flax Seed
Whole Wheat Flax’n Apple Muffins
I can’t take credit for this great recipe. This is an adaption of Hodgson Mill® recipe for terrific moist muffins. They are quick and easy to make and even quicker and easier to eat. Muffins are a such a treat to have in the morning for breakfast. or a late evening snack. They can be packed in school or work lunches
Flax Seed Benefits
Flax seed is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. A very good source for Vitamin 1, copper, manganese and fiber. According to ” the world’s healthiest foods www.wh.org.* there are several benefits of having flax seed in your diet. The chronic diseases are helped through the benefits of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory in omega-3 oils, i.e. cardiovascular disease, cancer prevention, improving digestive health and post-menopausal symptoms.
- ¼ cup Hodgson Mill Milled Flax Seed
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup unbleached flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1½ cups finely chopped Gala apples
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Grease or line muffin tins with paper cups. Use the regular size tins.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, blend with a whisk.
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg, oil and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend, do not beat.
- Fold in the chopped apples. The batter is thick.
- Fill the muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted will come out clean.
Suggestions for serving with
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® brings you great recipes for your cooking experience. ©2007-2017 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® All rights reserved.