Vegetable Fusilli Salad
- 8 ounces dry tri-vegetable fusilli pasta
- ¾ cup asparagus, cut in 1-inch lengths
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- ⅔ cup tomato, diced and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- ⅓-1/2 cup Basil Red Wine Vinaigrette
- BASIL RED WINE VINAIGRETTE
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar or more to taste.
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Netta Belle's Choice Flavour-Enhancer Spice Blend
- Cook the fusilli according to manufacturer's directions.
- Rinse in cold water and refrigerate to cool before assembling salad.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 11/2-2 minutes until tender but firm.
- Rinse in cold water; refrigerate to cool.
- Dice and slice the onion, olives and tomato.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients of the Basil Red Wine Vinaigrette in a jar, shake to mix.
- Heat the vinaigrette slightly to dissolve the sugar if needed.
- Pour the Vinaigrette over the pasta and vegetables.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Spinkle parmesan cheese over the salad before serving.
2007-2015 Netta Belle's Choice cookbookinabox "Reg.U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off." All rights reserved.
Waiting for another snow storm to come into the midwest. Winter is getting long! Looking forward to have pasta salads with fresh vegetables from the local farmer’s market. Although it will be awhile, this salad would be great with pulled pork sandwiches.
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® Spices, bring you great recipes, outstanding herbs and spices for your cooking experience.
©2007-2015 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com All rights reserved.