Netta Belle’s Choice Chocolate Cake
How many chocolate cake recipes have you collected?
Do you cut out every chocolate cake recipe that you find? Do you call yourself a chocoholic?
Do you like coffee? Here is a blend of both chocolate and coffee. Try Netta Belle’s Choice® Chocolate Cake.
Netta Belle’s Choice® Chocolate Cake
is an easy moist cake to make. The family will call it their favorite to have after school with milk or take to pot-luck dinners.
Netta Belle's Choice Chocolate Cake
A moist chocolate cake with a blend of chocolate and coffee. A good everyday cake for family or company without lots of decorating frills. Still tasty.
- NETTA BELLE'S CHOICE CHOCOLATE CAKE
- NETTA BELLE’S CHOICE CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Preheat oven 350 F.
- Line 2 9-inch baking pans with parchment paper, grease and flour the pans.
- Dissolve the cocoa in cup of hot water; stir to dissolve. Set aside.
- In smaller bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, whisk to blend. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, mix the butter, olive oil and sugar; cream until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time blending after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla and dissolved cocoa to the creamed sugar.
- Alternately adding the dry ingredients with coffee, 1/2 cup at a time, mix well after each addition..
- Pour into prepared baking pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until inserted tester comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans.
- Cool layers before adding filling and frosting.
- FLUFFY FILLING AND FROSTING
- Put sugar and water in heavy sauce pan, cook to 238 F or soft-ball stage.
- Meanwhile beat egg whites and cream of tarter in large bowl until stiff and forms peaks.
- When sugar syrup has reached temperature, dip the bottom of the pan in cold water for 1 second to stop the cooking.
- Beat the stiff egg whites at high-speed while pouring in a stream of hot sugar syrup.
- Add the vanilla, continue beating until frosting has cooled, about 5 minutes.
- Spread frosting between layers, the sides and top of the cake.
- Melt chocolate chips over hot water of in the microwave 1 1/2 minutes at 50% power.
- Drizzle chocolate over the top of the frosting.
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® bring you great recipes for your cooking experience. ©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
Enjoy a relaxing cup of coffee, tea or milk and a big slice of
Netta Belle’s Choice Chocolate Cake. Ta-da!
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice®bring you great recipes for your cooking experience.
©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com All rights reserved.