One of the advantages of social media food communities, it gets me out of my box. I look at all the food pictures and the recipes which give me ideas. Some I don’t adventure into as they are beautiful, but I am not ready to attempt. Those are usually beautiful to look upon are desserts and too fattening, but would be oooh so good. Hurrah for the chefs and creators!
Cabbage Apple Slaw
I saute shredded cabbage and apples with caraway seed. Why not try apple salad ingredients with shredded cabbage. I like to use Gala apples or Golden Delicious apples, use the apple of your choice. Cabbage Apple Slaw is a salad give many benefits to health.
*Cabbage is high in beta-carotene, vitamin C, antioxidants for protection against disease.
Apples provide fiber to maintain digestive health.
Walnuts are high in vitamin E, copper and magnesium are heart-healthy nutrients.
Celery is recommended to lower cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.
Sunflower seeds contain plant sterols which can lower LDL cholesterol.
Raisins provide potassium, fiber and iron, also to promote better heart health.
Ginger aids in digestion, relieve motion sickness, and arthritis relief.
- 3 cups shredded white cabbage
- 2 chopped apples in ½-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ to ¼ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup salted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup white raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup lite mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon celery seed
- Put the shredded cabbage in a large bowl.
- Dice the apples, stir in the lemon juice to prevent browning of the apples.
- Add apples to the bowl of cabbage.
- Add the celery, walnuts, sunflower seeds, raisins and ginger.
- Heat the honey 10 seconds in microwave to liquefy honey to enhance blending.
- Stir in the lemon juice, mayonnaise and celery seed.
- Blend ingredients to smooth sauce,
- Pour over the cabbage apple slaw and stir to mix.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
you great recipes, outstanding herbs and spices for your cooking experience.
©2007-2015 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
*Yeager, Selene and the Editors of Prevention, The Doctors Book® of Food Remedies. 2007.
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® Spices, bring you great recipes, outstanding herbs and spices for your cooking experience.
©2007-2015 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.