®cookbookinabox® created Maple Mesquite Bar-B-Que Sauce. It is a new combination of flavors for a savory, aromatic new taste for meats, potatoes, eggs and as a sandwich condiment. cookbookinabox® Menu 102 has a recipe for sweet and tangy Maple Mesquite Bar-B-Que Sauce highlighted on Turkey Sausage Meatloaf. Sloppy Joes get a “kick-up” with the spicy sauce. You probably have special dishes you would like to enhance with a good, sweet and tart sauce as an ingredient or condiment. Check our products for Netta Belle’s Choice® Herbs and Spices, with cookbookinabox® menus and recipes in a recipe storage box.
- 4 cups ketchup
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce, light sodium
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ cup Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mesquite liquid smoke
- Put all ingredients in a large kettle, with a wire whisk, blend together.
- Cover and heat the sauce on medium heat to boiling; simmer for 30 minutes.
- Whisk frequently to prevent sticking or burning. The sauce will become thicker and darker in color.
- Wipe the underside of the lid to prevent some of the moisture from dropping into the sauce. Remove from heat.
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® Spices, bring you great recipes, outstanding herbs and spices for your cooking experience.
©2007-2015 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com All rights reserved.