Chili soup is an all time favorite and one popular for contest of “Who makes the best Chili”. Chili is a favorite at my house, however, having tried the Mediterranean herbs, Italian Chili Soup has become our favorite. It seems once away from the hot pepper spices of chili powder it is hard to go back to the hot, spicy and spirited chili. But we like chili!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ pound ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 11-12 black olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of a spice blend
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Perorino Romano Cheese
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Saute ground turkey and ground sausage until browned and crumbled.
- Pour meat onto a toweling paper to absorb the grease.
- In a large kettle, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic, cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the meat to the onions.
- Pour in the ketchup, balsamic vinegar, both, tomatoes and juice.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, olive slices, tomato paste, herbs and spices.
- Heat for another 30 minutes.
- Serve chili with 1 tablespoon of Perorino Romano Cheese on top.
This is the fix! Why not have chili and the Mediterranean herb flavor.
Additions for your Italian Chili Meal:
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® bring you great recipes for your cooking experience.©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg.“Trademarks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.