Fourth of July Lunch Menu with Apple Pie Recipe
Menus do not have to be elaborate to be tasty or for it to be a party or picnic. Lemon Bar-B-Que Chicken Breasts pieces, served with baked beans, Summer Time Cole Slaw and American Apple Pie tops off an easy holiday lunch or picnic.
The zesty Lemon-Bar-B-Que recipe is in the cookbookinabox® Menu 101. The Netta Belle’s Choice® Summer Time Cole Slaw is given in previous post for the recipe in this blog. Use your favorite baked beans recipe or purchase sweet and spicy flavored baked beans. style American Apple Pie recipe follows.
- DOUBLE 9-INCH PIE CRUST
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup cold vegetable shortening
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5-6 tablespoons ice water
- APPLE PIE FILLING
- 5-6 medium Gold Delicious apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 5-6 medium
- PIE CRUST
- Combine flour, cold butter and cold shortening in large bowl.
- Use mixer to blend to corn meal texture.
- Add water by tablespoons just until dough begins to stick together.
- Gather into a large ball.
- Divide into two, flatten and wrap in plastic wrap to refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes.
- Roll out between wax paper or generously floured board.
- Line the bottom of 9-inch pie plate.
- Roll out second ball of dough for the top crust.
- APPLE PIE FILLING
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Slice apples into lemon juice, stir to coat. (Prevents apples from browning.)
- Mix sugars, tapioca and spices in large bowl.
- Drain apples.
- Pour apples into sugar mixture, blend to coat apples with sugar mixture.
- Pour filling in prepared pie plate.
- Dot top with butter,
- Cover with second pie crust.
- Make small holes to allow steam escape while baking.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 F.
- Reduce heat to 350 F, bake 35 to 45 minutes more.
- Cover with aluminum foil if top browns too fast.
Enjoy your American Apple Pie with your Fourth of July Lunch Menu.
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® Spices, bring you great recipes, outstanding herbs and spices for your cooking experience.
©2007-2015 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.