Enjoy a new, sweet and tart taste to sauteed chicken. One of the ‘fads’ in food additions in the last couple of years has been the dried cranberries. While they are good in cereals, trail mixes and breads, they are delicious in chicken and pork recipes. They do provide 20 mg potassium, 3 g fiber and 33 g of carbohydrate in 1/4 cup serving per Ocean Spray
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon Netta Belle's Choice Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Netta Belle's Choice Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Cranberry Balsamic Glaze
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut the chicken breasts across into equal sizes.
- Roll the chicken pieces in flour seasoned with Sea Salt and Black Pepper.
- Lay on rack to allow the flour absorb into the chicken.
- Roll pieces into bread crumbs.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in skillet.
- Add the chicken to hot oil to sear and brown.
- When done, remove to a platter to keep pieces warm while fixing glaze.
- Pour out the grease and wipe the skillet with toweling.
- Into the skillet, add the glaze ingredients and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet to coat with glaze and heat through.
- Serve the cranberry glaze with the chicken.
©2007-2015 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.”
nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® Spices, bring you great recipes, outstanding herbs and spices for your cooking experience.
©2007-2015 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.