Here is the “go-to barbecue sauce” for all seasons: cookbookinabox® BBQ Sauce, a sweet, tangy and lip-smacking sauce for chicken, beef, pork of other meats if you desire. This is a great sauce to use as a condiment on eggs, fried potatoes, or sandwiches.In the good old summertime we think of picnics, parties, and patio barbecues. Some sauces are terrific to add to poultry and meats baked in the oven or in slow-cookers all year around.
- 2 cups ketchup
- ¼ cup molasses, mild flavor
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, light sodium
- ¼ teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- (optional ¼ teaspoon powdered garlic)
- (optional 1 tablespoon mesquite liquid smoke)
- Mix ingredients in a medium heavy pan;
- Whisk to blend well.
- Heat the sauce over mediium heat, whisking to prevent sticking.
- Cover while simmering over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Pour into a quart or 2 pint jars, put on lids and allow cool.
- Keep in the refrigerator and ready for use.
Check out another great sauce: Maple Mesquite Bar-B-Que Sauce
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® brings you great recipes for your cooking experience. ©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® All rights reserved.