- 5-6 quarts of unsalted popped corn, put into a lightly greased large pan.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 200 F.
- Combine all ingredients except baking soda into a heavy 4 quart sauce pan.
- Stir lightly to blend.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat.
- Add ½ teaspoon baking soda.
- It will bubble up and turn a lighter color, stir to blend.
- Pour over the popped corn, stir to coat the popcorn.
- Put into the oven, remove every 15 minutes to stir the mixture to coat with the syrup.
- Remove from the oven, let cook, store in air tight container
Almonds, pecans or mixed nuts can be added to stir in with the syrup. After the caramel corn has cooled, pretzels, cereal or dried cranberries are novel additions. That is, if you have any Caramel Corn left over.
I recommend Julia Ann’s Caramel Corn to eat and give, enjoy with hot cocoa in front of the fireplace. C-o-z-y!
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice® brings you great recipes for your cooking experience. ©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® All rights reserved.