Canning a quantity of Maple Mesquite Bar-B-Que Sauce gets you ready for the season. The weather gets warmer, sunshine and schools on Spring Break and the feeling of winter is over. We look for fun foods to eat and go or share with friends in the backyard.
This recipe has many ingredients which makes about 3 pints. I like to store in the refrigerator to have available for barbecuing or adding to foods such as in meatloaf.
Make the sauce is easy after measuring all the ingredients into a large kettle, it is just letting it cook until well blended and heated through.
Canning Maple Mesquite Bar-B-Que Sauce
Enjoy Maple Mesquite Bar-B-Que Sauce over a recipe of slow cooked Chicken Wings.
- 4 cups ketchup
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce, light sodium
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon mesquite liquid smoke
- Put all ingredients in a large kettle, with a wire whisk, blend together.
- Cover and heat the sauce on medium heat to boiling.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Whisk frequently to prevent sticking or burning. The sauce will become thicker and darker in color.
- Wipe the underside of the lid to prevent some of the moisture from dropping into the sauce.
- Remove from heat.
What goes with a plate of Maple Mesquite Bar-B-Que Sauce Chicken
Julia Ann and cookbookinabox® in partnership with Netta Belle’s Choice bring you great recipes for your cooking experience. ©2007-2018 Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office. “Netta Belle’s Choice® The Art of Gourmet Cookery® cookbookinabox®. All rights reserved.